Catch up with a new student or educator Scholar and read their rapid-fire responses to ten semi-random questions in the Scholar Speed Round.
Let’s check in with 2010 Scholar Educator J.P. Caruso!
Since his time at the Aspen Institute, J.P. has become the coordinator for the International Baccalaureate program at Lincoln High School in Lincoln, NE, where he works to make the program increasingly more inclusive. While Aspen still seems like it was just yesterday, his once young children are now a college junior, a high school sophomore, and a seventh grader, all of whom he is extremely proud of. J.P. continues to be inspired by what he learned in Aspen, particularly asking others to challenge themselves to find their ‘Big Idea’ every day. We’re all excited to see how he does with our 10 rapid-fire questions, and get to know this amazing educator a bit better outside of ‘work’!
1. One item left on your life-time bucket list: To travel to Italy, particularly the sights and smells around Naples, where my family is originally from.
2. Last show you binged: Ted Lasso
3. Most illogical fear: Gnomes
4. If you had a podcast, what would it be about: Tough choice. I love both cooking and politics.
5. Hobby you picked or practiced more in 2020: Photography
6. Favorite way to self-care/de-stress: Going to a restaurant alone with a book.
7. You’re forced to pick… Beatles or Stones: U2
8. Favorite fictional character: President Jed Barlet from the West Wing
9. One word to describe you: Optimist
10. What are you most grateful for today? Second chances. That’s one of the things I like about being in education, as each semester allows for somewhat of a do-over.
Thanks for sharing a little bit more of your life and personality, J.P.! And get ready for Season 2 of Ted Lasso on July 23, everyone!